Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventures Of Frank Merriwell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Recommended Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Adventures Of Frank Merriwell Reply with quote

All of the Frank Merriwell shows are really fun to listen to. A bunch of college kids solve mysteries.

Located in the members directory.

Brad
Mike from Salem Oregon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Your WEB site Reply with quote

Hello Brad:

A quick note to share how much I enjoy your web site. OTR is one of my hobbies and I've joined your site, and one other, to collect and listen to old shows.

The $10 fee for a lifetime membership seems awfully low. I know of one other site that charges $17 for 3 months of access. Why don't you allow those of us who paid $10 to be "grandfathered in", and raise your joining fee to $20 or $30. It's still a bargain at that price.

I just don't want to see you close the site because expenses are exceeding revenues. You deserve to make money for the effort you're putting in. I believe you should also reduce the number of Free downloads people can get without paying. A reduction but preview of the episodes they could also get if they joined would be a good incentive to pay up and join.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents worth. Thanks again for doing such a great job with all the OTR offerings.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Your WEB site Reply with quote

Mike from Salem Oregon wrote:
Hello Brad:

A quick note to share how much I enjoy your web site. OTR is one of my hobbies and I've joined your site, and one other, to collect and listen to old shows.

The $10 fee for a lifetime membership seems awfully low. I know of one other site that charges $17 for 3 months of access. Why don't you allow those of us who paid $10 to be "grandfathered in", and raise your joining fee to $20 or $30. It's still a bargain at that price.

I just don't want to see you close the site because expenses are exceeding revenues. You deserve to make money for the effort you're putting in. I believe you should also reduce the number of Free downloads people can get without paying. A reduction but preview of the episodes they could also get if they joined would be a good incentive to pay up and join.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents worth. Thanks again for doing such a great job with all the OTR offerings.

Mike,

Thanks for your comments. I think a lot of people who enjoy OTR might be older folks. If they're retired they may be on a fixed income and can't afford high membership fees.

At this time the bandwidth usage is OK, even with the free shows. So far the donations are paying the hosting fees. Don't worry, I'm not going to shut down the site if the bandwidth usage gets too high.

The first thing that would have to go would be the amount of free shows on the home page. I feel obligated to make sure that everyone with a membership can download whatever they want.

Anyone who can't afford the 10 dollar donation can just ask for a free membership and get one. I didn't want to be like those other sites who charge a monthly fee. The donations are working out just fine. OTR is my hobby too and I enjoy working on the website just for the fun of it. Smile

Brad
Aries86

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant undeerstand so please explain it little bit more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Recommended Shows All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: