Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Star Western Theater

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: All Star Western Theater Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

John was also kind enough to donate 95 shows of All Star Western Theater. You'll find them in the members directory.

Thanks again John thumleft

Brad
johnraym

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: All Star Western Theater Reply with quote

[quote="Brad"]Hi Everyone,

John was also kind enough to donate 95 shows of All Star Western Theater. You'll find them in the members directory.

Thanks again John thumleft

Brad[/quote
You're Welcome! violent2
dialturner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Holt family reunion on All Star Western Theater Reply with quote

I have one broadcast of the All Star Western Theater which had the Holt family as guest stars: Jack Holt, the silent screen star, and his two children, Tim and Jennifer. This is a very rare broadcast because they never worked together in films, only Jack and Tim in two films. Jennifer worked at Universal and PRC with Johnny Mack Brown, Tex Ritter, Eddie Dean and Lash LaRue. I knew Jennifer as a personal friend for many years and she was a lovely lady. At the time of the broadcast (circa 1946), Tim had just returned from the Army Air Corps. They did a short sketch in which Jack returns home after many years. The other two don't recall him and he helps Tim win back his ranch from some card sharks. The other broadcasts in this series usually featured the Riders of the Purple Sage and usually a Monogram Pictures cowboy star like Johnny Mack Brown.
Chris11660

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered this radio show due to the Halloween shows link. I love it! Thank you so much!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris11660 wrote:
I just discovered this radio show due to the Halloween shows link. I love it! Thank you so much!

I haven't had a chance to listen to those yet. What's it about? A series or different shows each eposode?

Brad
Chris11660

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a different story each show. The shows start out with music by The Riders of the Purple Sage. They'll also have a guest, like Eddie Arnold sing. The shows are Brought to You by Weber Bread! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Western All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: