Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need your help with the mystery show podcast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspense - The Windy City Six

Fred MacMurray stars as a member of a band that is basically kidnapped and forced to play for a gang of hoodlums. One of the most entertaining episodes in the series.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suspense - Murder in G Flat

Jack Benny stars in this non-comedic role as a piano tuner who accidentally gets the wrong bag, a bag full of $25,000.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Escape - A Diamond as Big as the Ritz

Very rich and secretive family will go to any length to protect their wealth and giant diamond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suspense - A Friend to Alexander

A man has dreams of his friendship with Alexander Hamilton, and of his upcoming duel with Aaron Burr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Escape - A Shipment of Mute Fate
-also-
Suspense - A Shipment of Mute Fate

A hunter persuades a ship's captain to transport a very deadly snake. These episodes are chocked full of suspense.

More later
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
Molle Mystery Theater - "Killer"

The ultimate femme fatale radio noir; gun moll forces green thief to become a replica of a former gang leader who was her old boyfriend. Bizarre and unique story, extremely well done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Broadway is My Beat - "John Perry"

Troubled male teen serving time for destroying a pet shop has an even more troubled girlfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is Your FBI -"War Fraud - Andrew Rockland War Profiteer"

Corrupt war plant owners, who use cheap materials and shortcuts to make grenades, become the focus of suspicion for the FBI.

More later.

Thanks! These are great. I'll get the first one set up as our podcast.

Brad
Jimbo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op - To add to your collection, check out http://www.otrplotspot.com/Plot_Archives.htm. There are many sci-fi plots there as well as many CBS Radio Mystery Theater, Suspense, Escape and some horror programs.

I have a process going now where I will try to post 5-6 mystery synopsis every day or so (starting tomorrow.)[/url]
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great, as long as you write the descriptions yourself. We got in trouble once when a member used another sites description of a show. The man wrote to me and said we were stealing his stuff.

Thanks

Brad
Jimbo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS Radio Mystery Theater - You're Better Off Guilty
Pedestrian clerk questioned for murder of a movie star becomes Mr. Popular - until the real murderer steps forward. One of the more humorous CBSRMT's.

Suspense - Sleep is for Children
A kind, old egg farmer begins to feels the pressure of his small town becoming a blossoming community - so he begins to murder the town's women.

Texas Rangers - Quick Silver
A tall drifter - who committed a senseless mass murder of a family - is hunted down by Ranger Jace Pearson.
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Another one for the Podcast Reply with quote

Howdy Brad

Found another show for your podcast ( Nightfall Episode 31 - The Room)

A wealthy widow's offers money to spend a night locked in a haunted yellow room in the mansion. Despite the fact that previous volunteers have all gone insane.

I would leave the light on for this one.... Twisted Evil

Kevin Wink
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Another one for the Podcast Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Howdy Brad

Found another show for your podcast ( Nightfall Episode 31 - The Room)

A wealthy widow's offers money to spend a night locked in a haunted yellow room in the mansion. Despite the fact that previous volunteers have all gone insane.

I would leave the light on for this one.... Twisted Evil

Kevin Wink

Great. Thanks Kevin. Sounds like a good one.

Brad
Jimbo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another good one too:

Suspense
Report on the X-915

Has the world's first nuclear submarine fallen into the hands of "the enemy?" There are atomic warheads missing, too. Is the East Coast of the US in danger of being victimized by their own weapons? Action-packed, white knuckle, Cold War thriller!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
I found another good one too:

Suspense
Report on the X-915

Has the world's first nuclear submarine fallen into the hands of "the enemy?" There are atomic warheads missing, too. Is the East Coast of the US in danger of being victimized by their own weapons? Action-packed, white knuckle, Cold War thriller!

Thanks Jim. This sounds like a really good show.

Brad
Malie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inner Sanctum Mysteries_49-07-04_(429)_Pattern For Fear .mp3

An innocent waiter's life is turned upside down when he overhears a plot to commit murder.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Malie. Sounds like a good one.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: New podcast episode - Suspense - The Windy City Six Reply with quote

Suspense - The Windy City Six

Fred MacMurray stars as a member of a band that is basically kidnapped and forced to play for a gang of hoodlums. One of the most entertaining episodes in the series.

Recommended by Jimbo.

Thanks Jimbo.

Brad
Jimbo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I forgot suggested that one - I was just gonna chime in - "Oooh that is a good one, I remember it!" Very Happy
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to

The Whistler 1950-09-17 "Deadly Rumor"

An engrossing story about a nurse who starts a rumor about her former employer, hoping for revenge. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Nice little plot plays well. This show always reminds me of watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents as a child. I never picked the twist ending in advance.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. It sounds like a good one. I've gotten behind on the podcast lately, I've been so busy at work. That will definitely be one of our podcasts.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: New Podcast Episode - Suspense - Murder in G Flat Reply with quote

It's been a long time, but I've uploaded a new podcast episode. Suspense - Murder in G Flat, recommended by Jimbo.

Thanks Jimbo!

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: New Podcast Uploaded Reply with quote

Escape - A Diamond As Big As The Ritz

A very rich and secretive family will go to any length to protect their wealth and giant diamond. Recommended by Jimbo.

Thanks for all your help with the podcast Jimbo!

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back to doing the podcast every weekend. Would anyone like to suggest a mystery show for the podcast?

Just name the series and show title and write a short description.

Please don't copy and paste the description from any other website.

See this page for examples:

http://www.mysteryshows.com/mystery-podcast-player/mystery-podcast-player.php

Thanks,

Brad
elisabeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the current podcast, Deadly Rumor from the Whistler. I need to look into that series.

Here’s a good one I heard recently from Suspense: Death in Box 234

When an eccentric old man walks into a bank to deposit a large amount of cash into a safety deposit box, the disgruntled young bank clerk who leases him the box develops an elaborate scheme to steal the money, with unexpected results.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisabeth wrote:
Really enjoyed the current podcast, Deadly Rumor from the Whistler. I need to look into that series.

Here’s a good one I heard recently from Suspense: Death in Box 234

When an eccentric old man walks into a bank to deposit a large amount of cash into a safety deposit box, the disgruntled young bank clerk who leases him the box develops an elaborate scheme to steal the money, with unexpected results.

Great. Thanks for your help with the podcast. I just made this our current episode.

Brad
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspense
March 4, 1962 "Doom Machine"

Story by Edgar Marvin. This week the final season of Suspense wanders into X Minus One territory.

A scientist working on solar power and irritated by emotional distractions, creates a robot to help him. For a change the robot isn't a rampaging menace, but the story makes it plain an emotionless superbrain has its limitations.

X Minus One Dec 21, 1955 "Marionettes Inc."

Based on Ray Bradbury's short story. Sort of Stepford Wives in reverse: buy a robot double so you can escape your clinging wife. I believe this was later adapted for TV on the Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Ray Bradbury Theatre shows, and I think there was a stage production in Melbourne in the late 1960s.
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Carter 1944-04-01 The Professor's Secret

Death rays are two a penny in the old radio shows, movie serials and pulp magazines. So for a change we have a scientist who invents a machine that heals instead of destroys.

I usually think of Nick Carter as a sort of American Sherlock Holmes, but here he is less cerebral and more like his fellow pulp hero Doc Savage. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it was unexpected.

Yours Truly Johnny Dollar #348-#352 "The Clinton Matter"

Five-part story from 1956. Who burned down the new school in Clinton, Colorado? Nobody wants to say. Up against a ruthless gang, Dollar has to bring in reinforcements.

Hercule Poirot 1945-02-22 "The Careless Victim"

The 1945 Mutual series starred character actor Harold Huber in the title role (Huber had been previously seen as a cop in several Charlie Chan films). The series used none of Christie's own stories, although the author introduced this first broadcast from London via shortwave.

While searching for an apartment in the middle of the wartime housing shortage, Poirot has to protect the world's greatest financial expert. Not a bad attempt at capturing the feel of the Poirot stories, I felt.

SPACE PATROL (12-6-52) “The Space Shark” starring Ed Kemmer as Buzz Corry. Corry and Happy travel to Venus, where Tonga is investigating contaminated food grown in hydroponic tanks. They end up being chased through the rings of Saturn by a guided missile. OK but nothing remarkable.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike!
human

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Marionettes, Inc." was also adapted for television as part of "Ray Bradbury Theater", which ran first on HBO and then later on USA Network from the mid-'80s to the early '90s. The early episodes of the series, of which this was one, were pretty good. When production later moved from Canada to New Zealand, the quality went noticeably downhill.

Mike Hobart wrote:
Suspense
March 4, 1962 "Doom Machine"

Story by Edgar Marvin. This week the final season of Suspense wanders into X Minus One territory.

A scientist working on solar power and irritated by emotional distractions, creates a robot to help him. For a change the robot isn't a rampaging menace, but the story makes it plain an emotionless superbrain has its limitations.

X Minus One Dec 21, 1955 "Marionettes Inc."

Based on Ray Bradbury's short story. Sort of Stepford Wives in reverse: buy a robot double so you can escape your clinging wife. I believe this was later adapted for TV on the Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Ray Bradbury Theatre shows, and I think there was a stage production in Melbourne in the late 1960s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: