Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing part of show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimsmithaia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Missing part of show Reply with quote

I found two interesting and more or less recent (1984) sci-fi shows from the BBC tucked away inside the Arthur Conan Doyle and H.G Wells folder, six part episodes - Spaceforce 1 and Spaceforce 2. They were very entertaining, but the last few minutes of episode 6 are missing. Any chance of finding the source for a re-load??? I have a pretty good idea of how it ends, but it would be nice to have the complete show.

Also - is this series best placed here? It doesn't seem to be either of Doyle or Wells creation.
human

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started torrenting them from radioarchive.cc. I'll upload them as soon as they're done. At the current rate of download speed, that should be sometime tomorrow evening.

According to the description, these are a sequel to the classic 1950s BBC radio series Journey into Space. I've got some of those shows as well. If you'd like me to upload them, I'll be happy to.
jimsmithaia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

human,

Would love to hear them, thanks for taking the time. They would make a good addition to the sci-fi section.!!
human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now uploading the complete Journey Into Space and both series of Space Force to the FTP site. Hopefully Brad will put them into the members' section once the upload is complete. This could take some time as the total upload is a little more than 1.7 gigabytes.

I haven't yet listened to all of it, but the comments on the http://RadioArchive.cc site indicate they are complete and the sound quality is good.
jimsmithaia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks human,

I will suggest to Brad that he upload them too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: