Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edited shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Edited shows Reply with quote

Brad hasn't moved them over yet but as of right now, you can get some of the series I have edited by going here: http://www.mysteryshows.com/mysteryclub/Jimbo/

The "enhanced" versions are pretty much commercial and music-free, although I don't claim to be perfect, I may have missed a couple.

These files should have better sound quality and are smaller than the so-called "supreme" files because I saved them that way. Although I honestly believe they sound better.

More on the way. Working on removing the music for Fibber McGee and Molly (still a ways to go, I'm only in 1941), Jack Benny, Burns and Allen, Lum and Abner, Ozzie and Harriet, You Bet Your Life, The Aldrich Family, Bob Hope, Jack Carson...

Eventually I get around to the CBS Mystery Theatre but that';s a long time fro now and a long project.

I also plan on removing all the Bergen+dummy routines from the various Edgar Bergen shows - in other words, (like Baby Snooks that's already uploaded) I plan on making files with just the dummies, nothing else.

I realize some people are going to be offended by my bastardising these files, but I suggest you just stick to the normal files.

To anyone who doubts I made a difference, I suggest you play a few random "enhanced" or "sound fixed" files online and compare them to the files you now have. Laughing
Jimbo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also may take out all the Allen's Alley routines from the various Fred Allen shows...
boston blackie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support your work, Jimbo. I know the editing may not be for everyone, but, I prefer it that way. The stuff I downloaded from you are better, so recommend it for others.
Zap

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a lot of work Jimbo! Greatly appreciate your efforts.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm slowly but surely knocking out Lum and Abner too...
mike.y

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you edit (sound not included) in anyway, it is no longer an original copy of that episode. However, I feel that a person can do whatever they want if it pleases them. Having over 110,000+ episodes and still growing in my personal collection, it would take me longer than I will probably been on this earth to completly edit all of my episodes. Good luck on this process and will you be uploading these for Brad?
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on editing the music out of Guy Lombardo's show. We'll have the opening and closing segments and none of that annoying orchestra.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: