Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scariest OTR in your opinion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elisabeth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, human, for the background info on this series. There wasn't any on the archive.org page from which I downloaded the shows. I was guessing it was British, judging by people's accents. Good thing the listeners started making their own recordings, or these wouldn't be around anymore.
THESHADOW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: uiet Please Reply with quote

When it comes to scariest OTR there are a number of series from the 1930s and 1940s which might be included.

Among these are:

Arch oboler's Plays (predecessor to Lights Out).
Tthe Whitches Tale
The Hermit's Cave
Creeps by Night
dark Fantasy
Diary of Fate
Haunted
Haunting Hour
Inner Sanctur Mysteries (who could forget this one)
Murder at Midnight
Quiet Please
Sealed Book
Strange Dr. Weird
weird Cricle

I know that his topic origionally was what is your favorite scariest show however I included this assortment to whet the appitite of the newer members of the forum as to what might be out there in this genre.

I hope that by listing these it has been helpful and not considered to be getting off topic in this forum

THESHADOW
PerryE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: WOW! Reply with quote

I have come home! Great to read about all of these audio horror gems, some I've never heard of before. Let's see...scariest ones... Hard to say. I like to feel my fear as in the psychological after burn, you know the ones that really stick with you? So the best audio horror that gets under my skin are Dreadtime Stories (http://bit.ly/NzMWrg), The twilight Zone (http://www.twilightzoneradio.com/) and of course, Frankenstein (http://www.radiolovers.com/pages/frankenstein.htm).

Nice to "meet" everyone. Looking forward to sharing more.[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Horror All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: