Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS RMT rankings... Top 100? Top 200?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saigawa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: CBS RMT rankings... Top 100? Top 200? Reply with quote

Hi. I found a site a couple of years ago that gave a description and rank to most of the CBS RMT episodes, but can't find that now. Does anyone know where I can check? I just found out that this site ranks them as well, so the other is less important. Did one person rank these?

I have great memories of this show as a kid and almost always fell asleep before the third act so enjoyed going back and listening in 1999/2000 off of Napster. But I didn't remember that some weren't so hot (probably those that rank 5 or less on the Excel sheet at this site) despite some great ones and many that were very good.

I wonder if a few die hard fans could think of their top 100 shows and at the same time maybe jot down real clunkers if they see some on the list. The point isn't to rank them within the top 100, but if two , three or four who really know the show well could do this, the lists could be tallied so that the shows that made all the lists would be at the top, the shows that made 2 out of 3 (etc) would be at the next rung and the ones where only one person picked would be in the last rung.

This way, there would be a list of the best of an excellent show while also noting which the two or three reviewers thought were at the bottom. I've only listened to 300 or so in recent years , so I'm not one to do this.

Even a Top 50 by a few people would work using the same method. I guess the easiest way would be to put it on a wordprocessor and just put an 'X' next to ones you think people shouldn't miss, then send the list to be put up. If the voting system is too time consuming, then we could just have each Top 50 or Top 100.

If we did it on this thread, then others might think of episodes they want to add. I can be the one who tallies later for a Mysteryshows CBS RMT Fan List later if there is interest. If someone wants to list 20 really memorable ones, that is also very helpful.

Dumb idea? Cool
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea! Could be a lot of fun too. Very Happy Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

Brad
Lorice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: CBS-rmt Reply with quote

a friend of mine (who doesn't have a computer) and I are going through the CBS-rmt's 1 at a time 5 nights a week.we rank them acording to whether or not we want to hear them again and how often. we're on March of 1978 so we have a ways to go, but we're over half done. I could send you a list of our faves so far if you're interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. You can post them right here if you like.

Welcome to the forum.

Brad
22Vines

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - OK not sure if this in line with this post, anyway:

CBSRMT is one of my favorites. This show got me started, like many, on OTR. I am sure some of these have been mentioned. Anyway, here are some of my favorites (so far):

Assassination, The 4/20/1976
Blizzard Of Terror 2/18/1974
Cold Storage 1/13/1974 - What To Do With Your Mother In-Law.

Connecticut Yankee 1/8/1976 - Classic Back In Time Story.

Creature From The Swamp 3/7/1974
Having A Horrible Time 8/21/1974
Journey Into Terror 8/14/1974 - Murderer Out To Get A Women, Great Story, Many Fun Twists.

Last Escape, The 10/17/1974 - About Magic Escape Acts. Great Story

Old Ones Are Hard To Kill, The 1/6/1974 – A Classic
Ring Of Roses, A 1/18/1974
Rise And Fall Of The 4th Reich 5/16/1975 - Excellent Story. Speaks For Itself.

Sighting, The 11/25/1974

I do not know the title of this one and year is unknown - Baby Found In A Cave - the Devil - Great Story.

Now here are some of the worst so far that I have heard (you have to give them a listen though and make your own determination):

Climbing Boy 6/19/1975 -Could Not Listen To The Whole Thing…...Bad - Really Bad

Help! Somebody! 8/18/1975 – Not good – very dull

Insomnia 5/20/1981 - Will Put You to Sleep...Bad Show

Thanks
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. Thanks for sharing.

Brad
22Vines

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I should have done some looking before sharing my minimal info. The amazing show descriptions file under the member area for CBSRMT is awesome. Shocked Great source of info and I have lots of reading to do. Thanks!!!
saigawa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it has been a year, I hope Lorice puts up a list here. With all those episodes it is a daunting task, but I think the top 200 could be compiled as a guide made from a few fans.
22Vines

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a question for all CBSRMT fans. Which year, to you, was the best for the series, which ran from 1974 - 1982? Or maybe there wasn't one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: