Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Agatha Raisin, Series 3... episodes missing.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
notalot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Agatha Raisin, Series 3... episodes missing. Reply with quote

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has the remaining 5 episodes of Agatha Raisin, Series 3 in the BBC and British Shows section? Only episode 1 is there.
It's a great series, with a good cast and fine production values.
Thanks.
human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked http://radioarchive.cc? It's a veritable gold mine of BBC radio shows, both old and new. It's a peer-to-peer site, so you'll need a bit torrent client to download anything.
human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked Radio Archive and I found they have Agatha Raisin series 2 and series 3, but both are showing up as dead torrents. So the good news is there's more than just five episodes of Agatha Raisin. Actually, it's more like at least 16 episodes. The problem is they're not readily available at Radio Archive. They're actually in the process of clearing out torrents that have shown no activity for a year or more, so they may not be listed too much longer.
Wynnster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the shows in question on .mp3 is there a way I could send them to the moderator/webmaster so he could upload them to the club site?
human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an FTP site where you can upload shows. Instructions for using it are here: http://www.mysteryshows.com/OTR/viewtopic.php?t=143. One thing I'd add to those instructions is to shoot a PM to Brad once you've uploaded something so he can get it moved over to the members' section ASAP.

Wynnster wrote:
I have the shows in question on .mp3 is there a way I could send them to the moderator/webmaster so he could upload them to the club site?
Wynnster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll get on it as soon as I get the child to school
SugarKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: I have it Reply with quote

I have the second half of the show. I actually just got done emailing to see about donating it.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I have it Reply with quote

SugarKane wrote:
I have the second half of the show. I actually just got done emailing to see about donating it.

Did you get my email about the shows? I sent it from my phone because I wasn't at my computer at the time.

Brad
jimsmithaia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: The rest of Agatha's mystery Reply with quote

Listened to the series - very unexpectedly GOOD. Funny and sophisitcated. I hope the rest of them show up. My vote is thumbs up!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I just found the Agatha Christie shows in the upload folder. Not sure who uploaded them. Please let me know if it was you.

I think it was probably Wynnster or SugarKane, but I'm not sure.

I put all of the Agatha Christie shows we have in one folder to make it easier to find shows. That folder is under the BBC folder.

I moved "Murder in Mesopotamia", "Poirot - Peril at End House", "Agatha Raisin - The Murderous Marriage" and "At Bertram's Hotel" into the agatha Christie folder.

I've left "Evil Under the Sun" and "Five Little Pigs" in the upload area. I've put them in a folder called "Need-To-Fix".

These two shows are just numbered and I'm not sure if they will play in the right order.

Would someone like to volunteer to download the shows, rename them to play in the proper order and re-upload them?

I know it's a big job, but if you happen to have a lot of time on your hands and are looking for something to do, this could be it. Very Happy

Just let me know by posting here if you are interested in this project. I don't want anyone to waste their time and effort if someone else is already working on it.

If you want to, whenever you donate shows to the club you can create a folder with your name and then put the shows in it. I'll be able to let everyone know who donated the shows.

Or you can donate shows anonymously. We'll still take them Very Happy

Thanks for sharing! thumleft

Brad
SugarKane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: new show Reply with quote

Yes it was me. I was lucky to get them uploaded, I wasn't sure how to name the folder too! And I'll try to do better on the files if I find something else to share.

Everyone enjoy!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: new show Reply with quote

SugarKane wrote:
Yes it was me. I was lucky to get them uploaded, I wasn't sure how to name the folder too! And I'll try to do better on the files if I find something else to share.

Everyone enjoy!

You did fine. We got them OK. I'll make you a "sugarkane" folder and you can share anything you like.

Thanks for sharing!

Brad
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you want the e-books of the Agatha Raisin stories, you can get them for a quite reasonable price here:

http://www.ebooks159.com/marion-chesneymc-beaton-56-ebooks-collection-pdf-mobi-epub-p-376.html

And you also get the Hamish Macbeth series thrown in as well.
jmllh513

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has the remaining 5 episodes of Agatha Raisin, Series 3 in the BBC and British Shows section? Only episode 1 is there.
It's a great series, with a good cast and fine production values.
Thanks.

discount Bikkembergs tracksuits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: