Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sears Radio Theater

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Sears Radio Theater Reply with quote

Sears Radio Theatre. February 23, 1979. Program #15. CBS .

"Then There Were None".
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5292800/aae75f6d/Sears_Radio_Theater.html
Ted Sherdeman (writer), Elliott Lewis (producer, director) Richard Widmark (host); cast Keith Andes, Peter Leeds, Sam Edwards, Janet Waldo, Mary Jane Croft and Jack Kruschen . 52 minutes.

Nothing to do with Agatha Christie (unfortunately). This is a plodding science-fiction story that would have been barely passable as one of those filler stories they used to put in the back of a comic book when I was a schoolboy.

Space explorers land on a strange planet and are attacked by giant spiders, giant lizards, giant ants.... you get the picture. The story drags to its predictable "surprise ending" after 50 excruciating minutes. The whole plot could have been summed up in a single Far Side cartoon.

It's unbelievable that Ted Sherdeman also wrote one of my favorite 1950s monster movies Them!. Even the best of us have bad days.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Radio Theater Reply with quote

Mike Hobart wrote:
Sears Radio Theatre. February 23, 1979. Program #15. CBS .

"Then There Were None".
http://www.4shared.com/dir/5292800/aae75f6d/Sears_Radio_Theater.html
Ted Sherdeman (writer), Elliott Lewis (producer, director) Richard Widmark (host); cast Keith Andes, Peter Leeds, Sam Edwards, Janet Waldo, Mary Jane Croft and Jack Kruschen . 52 minutes.

Nothing to do with Agatha Christie (unfortunately). This is a plodding science-fiction story that would have been barely passable as one of those filler stories they used to put in the back of a comic book when I was a schoolboy.

Space explorers land on a strange planet and are attacked by giant spiders, giant lizards, giant ants.... you get the picture. The story drags to its predictable "surprise ending" after 50 excruciating minutes. The whole plot could have been summed up in a single Far Side cartoon.

It's unbelievable that Ted Sherdeman also wrote one of my favorite 1950s monster movies Them!. Even the best of us have bad days.

I just watched "Them" again last night. A good one. Shocked

Brad
MSF17

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this episode. I enjoyed it and am going to enjoy it after I'm done replying here Very Happy This narration by Rick Widmark is one of his finest storytellings.

Here's a neighboring link;

Sears Radio Theater "Then There Were None" (02-23-79)
www.mevio.com/episode/157008/sears-radio-theater-then-there-were-none
Ali22

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember listening to it on our local NPR affiliate back in the early '80s. I'm thinking it was a contemporary production at the time, which might make copyright a little dicey and thus explain its scarcity.

human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so scarce. The entire series can be downloaded here: http://archive.org/details/OTRR_Certified_Sears_Radio_Theater

Ali22 wrote:
I remember listening to it on our local NPR affiliate back in the early '80s. I'm thinking it was a contemporary production at the time, which might make copyright a little dicey and thus explain its scarcity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: