Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who likes dogs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Who likes dogs? Reply with quote

To start off our off topic posts, I'll share my pictures of my dogs with you.

This is Liney. We had her for 19 years (not a typo, she was really nineteen years old). She died two years ago. She was a great old dog.
http://www.mysteryshows.com/images/liney.jpg

After she died, the family wanted more dogs so we got Mona and Trix from the hound rescue socity.

Mona is a coon hound/pointer mix.
http://www.mysteryshows.com/images/mona.jpg

Trix is a jack russell/beagle mix.
http://www.mysteryshows.com/images/trix.jpg

All are girls, plus I have a wife and three daughters, so I'm really outnumbered Confused

Please feel free to share whatever you want here.

Brad
Adeny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww I love doggies. We have one at the house. Rhiannon. She is a chow mix, big smiling very expressive dog. We also have two cats.
catfreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogs, bah!

The best way to describe the difference between dogs and cats is by using the terms we use for the female of each species.

A female dog is a bitch.

A female cat is a queen.

Which would you rather be referred to as?

'nuf said . . .
Victor

at 9:05am on Jan 27th, my buddy left me
                 R.I.P. my loving friend
A righteous man regards the life of his animal
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfreak wrote:
    Dogs, bah!

The best way to describe the difference between dogs and cats is by using the terms we use for the female of each species.

A female dog is a bitch.

A female cat is a queen.

Which would you rather be referred to as?

'nuf said . . .
Victor

How many cats to you have Victor?

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a black & white tuxedo patterned Maine Coon, a Chocolate Point Siamese, a Russian Blue as far as small domestics go. I also have a Serval and a Savannah. When my health permits, I do work with Project Wildlife and work for the DNR in cat rescue. I had a Michigan Cougar for a period of time until I nursed it back to health. I also get my share of Bobcats, usually confiscated from drug dealers . . . and poorly cared for.

I am a retired veterinarian, and until my latest bout with my ticker, worked extensively in wild cat rescue drawing paychecks from the US Government . . .

I used to work at several zoos providing medical care for their cat collections . . .

R.I.P. my loving friend
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfreak wrote:
    I have a black & white tuxedo patterned Maine Coon, a Chocolate Point Siamese, a Russian Blue as far as small domestics go. I also have a Serval and a Savannah. When my health permits, I do work with Project Wildlife and work for the DNR in cat rescue. I had a Michigan Cougar for a period of time until I nursed it back to health. I also get my share of Bobcats, usually confiscated from drug dealers . . . and poorly cared for.

I am a retired veterinarian, and until my latest bout with my ticker, worked extensively in wild cat rescue drawing paychecks from the US Government . . .

I used to work at several zoos providing medical care for their cat collections . . .

Cool. I've never heard of the names of some of thoes cats. It's good to care for animals. We adopted our two pets at two and three years old from the rescue socity. We were only going to get one dog but the two of them were living at the same foster home and we didn't want to split them up. There's so many good animals out there that need a home.

What do you do with the Bobcats? Why do the drug dealers have them?

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get them used to fending for themselves again then I turn them loose . . . usually in the upper part of Michigan's Lower Peninsula

As far as why the drug dealers have them . . drug dealers have weird fetishes I guess . . they also are attracted to large snakes and other unusual reptiles . . I was with some Game and Wildlife agents one evening and we grabbed 3 Gila Monsters (super poisonous critters) from some fools house . . one was running loose and the moron had 2 very young children!

R.I.P. my loving friend
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfreak wrote:
    I get them used to fending for themselves again then I turn them loose . . . usually in the upper part of Michigan's Lower Peninsula

As far as why the drug dealers have them . . drug dealers have weird fetishes I guess . . they also are attracted to large snakes and other unusual reptiles . . I was with some Game and Wildlife agents one evening and we grabbed 3 Gila Monsters (super poisonous critters) from some fools house . . one was running loose and the moron had 2 very young children!

That's a beautiful animal.

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

47" long (including tail) and 38lbs . . .

R.I.P. my loving friend
gingerbeer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catfreak I am so impressed! I love cats but developed allergies in my old age. Why don't you write a book? I am fascinated and will buy the first one..I know you have lots of good stories.
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Dog - Man's Best Friend Reply with quote

Hello, Brad

I LIKE DOGS - I have a 3 year King Sheppard and we got him as a pup and he is like one of the family. He listens better then my children do.
Always comes when I call him and he can catch fish without a fishing pole.
Would never even consider owning a cat - can you imagine being afraid of the WATER! Just gives me nightmares thinking about it.

Have a good day! Kevin (aquahoilc) Wink
catfreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My serval is NOT afraid of the water one bit . . as a matter of fact, he terrorizes dogs (including my son's akita) . . . he is, after all, a wild animal who can bring down a pit bull . . .

V.....

R.I.P. my loving friend
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Just havin Fun Reply with quote

Just yankin your chain, we have a cat too. Actually are cat loves being on the boat. Our dog & cat get along fine, there best buddies. Our dog will bring the cat small fish to eat for a snack Very Happy
As far as your wild animal terrorizing dogs.... Evil or Very Mad seems to me that any domesticated animal would have no chance against a wild animal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: