Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Instructions for donating shows via FTP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Instructions for donating shows via FTP Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Some of our club members have been donating shows to share with other club members. Some send disks in the mail, others provide links to their file sharing account.

If you would rather directly upload shows for our mystery club you may do it via FTP, For those of you that are new to FTP, don't worry. It's easy.

If you don't have an FTP client, you may get a free one at:

http://filezilla-project.org/

Make sure you download the Client and NOT the server.

Here is the info you will need to enter into your FTP client:

Start the ftp client software.

Click the first, top button. This will open the site manager.

Click the "New Site" button. Type in "MysteryShows" or whatever you want to name it. Hit the "Enter key.

Click the "General" tab on the right side and enter the following details:

Host: ftp.mysteryshows.com
Username: mysteryclub@mysteryshows.com
Password: mysteryclub
Port: 21

Click the "OK" button. You're all done. Good job!

Now when you start the program, you just click on the name of the site you created and click the "Connect" button.

Just create a folder and upload your shows. I'll move the files into the members area when they are done uploading. If the next time you log in, you don't see your shows, it's because I've already moved them to the members area. Name the folder your name if you want. (If your name is Bill, just name the folder Bill) After uploading files you can PM or email me if you'd like to.

You don't have to do this if you don't want to. If you like using FTP I just wanted to make that option available to you. It's kind of nice since you can just upload a whole bunch of files at a time. You can start the upload at night and go to bed. In the morning it'll be done. Smile

You may upload any kind of OTR shows you want to. Please be careful not to delete any files or folders that you didn't create yourself. Don't worry if you make a mistake like making too many folders or uploading to the wrong folder. It can be easily fixed. FTP is fun and easy. Don't be afraid to give it a try.

Questions? Just ask.

I really appreciate all of the shows that you've donated. It makes the site better for everyone. thumright

Thanks,

Brad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: