Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hopalong Cassidy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Hopalong Cassidy Reply with quote

John (johnraym) was kind enough to donate 105 Hopalong Cassidy shows. They're in the members directory listed under "Hopalong Cassidy".

Thanks a lot John thumbup

Brad
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Hoppy Reply with quote

I've always liked the Hopalong Cassidy radio show.

Hoppy was one of those western heroes who was honest enough to say things like "Sixguns won't solve this problem" before applying his brain as well as his fists to defeating the bad guys.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hoppy Reply with quote

Mike Hobart wrote:
I've always liked the Hopalong Cassidy radio show.

Hoppy was one of those western heroes who was honest enough to say things like "Sixguns won't solve this problem" before applying his brain as well as his fists to defeating the bad guys.

That's a way better lesson for the kids than the "shoot first" kind of shows out now. No wonder kids think it's better to get even than to resolve the problem through communication.

Too much of violent1

Not enough of Very Happy

(sorry, playing with the new smileys again) clown

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at 9:05am on Jan 27th, my buddy left me
                 R.I.P. my loving friend
A righteous man regards the life of his animal
johnraym

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Westerns Reply with quote

I,ve read that one of the considerations in starting a new western was whether the hero would shoot to kill or merely wound. ie shoot their gun hand. A lot of these were targeted for a juvenile audience. But the message was that the good guy always wins.
johnraym

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Westerns Reply with quote

I,ve read that one of the considerations in starting a new western was whether the hero would shoot to kill or merely wound. ie shoot their gun hand. A lot of these were targeted for a juvenile audience. But the message was that the good guy always wins. sign2
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your cat Victor. I remember how I felt when I lost my last pet. Crying or Very sad

Brad
dialturner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Hopalong Cassidy radio show Reply with quote

The Hopalong Cassidy radio show began in January, 1950, only a few months after the Hoppy films had begun on the new upstart, television. The program was the creation of Commodore Productions. begun by Walter and Shirley White. They convinced radio stations throughout the country to run this program featuring the new popular cowboy hero of television. They later would also produce the Clyde Beatty radio show and also the Lamont Johnson-Tarzan program. Johnson later became a famous television director. Boyd also began his popular newspaper comic strip that same year. The program also featured Andy Clyde as Hoppy's sidekick, California. Clyde had also appeared in the Hoppy features. Now youngsters could either watch Hoppy on TV or listen to him on radio. While Hoppy's films on TV were usually sponsored by any number of regional bakeries such as Bond Bread or Tip Bread, the Hoppy radio show was sponsored by Grape-Nut Flakes. California always told us that "if you want to be like Hoppy, you gotta eat Hoppy."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Western All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: