Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiply

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Multiply Reply with quote

I'm not sure how many people in this forum have a Multiply account. I do. It has not been a perfect place, but it was a place I was able to upload old time readio shows to, in the hopes of sharing. But, I believe there must be a whole group of people on that site exchanging copyrighted materials. I have been reading some posts about some sites getting shut down and some playlists being deleted. I'm not really sure if it is Multiply deleting them or if someone is going over their heads. I'm not sure exactly what all is happening, but I guess I won't be surprised if Multiply disappears. If anyone wants to download any shows I have uploaded, please do so while you can. I am trying to find a better way to share. I'm not sure what is available out there.

Shirley
airlanes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiply has, indeed, proven a disappointment. I've had a multiply account for sometime but had done little with it. As one of my New Year's resolutions, I decided to get busy and really start uploading OTR to my Multiply site this year. After spending many hours experimenting with the look of the site, as well as uploading material to Multiply, they suddenly pulled the rug out from me and countless others without any real warning, explanation or apology. Similarly, users of Mediafire saw their work disappear without explanation or apology. At this point I have been abused by both free and pay (MediaMax) sites. I wouldn't feel nearly as frustrated if these sites demonstrated any concern for their users and offered some explanations and apologies up front. Their professional behavior leaves much to be desired.

Catfreak suggested mihd.net which I am currently testing out.

Airlanes
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Multiply looked so promising. It had the potential to be a real community, then the proprietors got sued and that put a stop to the free exchange of radio shows. I guess that's what they call collateral damage these days.

A shame. I thought it was going to be a useful site.
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like mihd.net is something I ought to try.

Shirley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: