Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicken Man

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crich70

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Chicken Man Reply with quote

I haven't listened to a lot of the episodes yet, but what I have heard is hilarious. My favorite episode is # 21 "Chicken Man trapped in City Hall." rofl. I'm sure the "winged warrior" isn't everyone's cup of tea but his spoof of the superhero genre is great. Laughing
Steve

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the adventures of the winged one. I actually remember when this aired on our local station. They used to run it twice a day, once in the a.m. and once in the p.m.. I've listened to a few here, I hope someone might have a set with better quality to donate here.

See you around the clubhouse.

Steve
crich70

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen King even mentions the Winged Warrior in his book "Danse Macabre" in the section about Old Radio. I gather he would listen to the old shows (back in the 50's) with his grandfather. I gather he had trouble understanding what his grandfather was saying (I believe he had few if any teeth and a thick beard), but they had a common love of the old radio programs on (I think) saturday evenings.
mikemunsil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to listen to a Chicken Man show on Armed Forces Radio in Panama, during the 60s. It generally lasted about 2 minutes an episode and was hilarious. I'll never forget the geshtunkana-raygun.

Is this the same show? Were there more than one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Comedy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: