Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xm Channel 164

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hangman3364

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Xm Channel 164 Reply with quote

Got a new car a few weeks ago and have fully enjoyed XM's classic radio channel.
On a road trip I got to enjoy Gunsmoke, Suspense and Life of Riley.
I can usually catch most of Fibber McGee & Molly on the way to work every morning.
I've even gone for late evening drives just to listen.

Where has this been all our lives?
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Xm Channel 164 Reply with quote

hangman3364 wrote:
Got a new car a few weeks ago and have fully enjoyed XM's classic radio channel.
On a road trip I got to enjoy Gunsmoke, Suspense and Life of Riley.
I can usually catch most of Fibber McGee & Molly on the way to work every morning.
I've even gone for late evening drives just to listen.

Where has this been all our lives?

Cool. Also, some airlines have xm radio now too. Next time you're on a plane bring some headphones and see if they offer it. Or just bring your mp3 player loaded with your favorite shows. That'll work too Smile

Brad
MikeyG1965

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is about how I got hooked.

Around December, I got sick of all the negative news and talk radio. All very depressing.

I was making a six hour drive from Amarillo, Texas to San Angelo, Texas and happened to catch a five part "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar" show. I was hooked.

Since then, I've joined up here as a member and have been able to download a bunch of show, which I have on my iPod now.

I even have a portable XM radio at work and listen to XM 164 Radio Classics during the day.

If you aren't a paid member, consider it. Well worth it and not very expensive either.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyG1965 wrote:
That is about how I got hooked.

Around December, I got sick of all the negative news and talk radio. All very depressing.

I was making a six hour drive from Amarillo, Texas to San Angelo, Texas and happened to catch a five part "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar" show. I was hooked.

Since then, I've joined up here as a member and have been able to download a bunch of show, which I have on my iPod now.

I even have a portable XM radio at work and listen to XM 164 Radio Classics during the day.

If you aren't a paid member, consider it. Well worth it and not very expensive either.

Have you seen our Johnny Dollar folder on the home page? Lot's of them there. I like those too. You may also like "Box 13" if you like JD. Also try "Barry Craig". Similar type of show. "Ghosts dont die in bed" is my favorite Barry Craig show so far.

Brad
MikeyG1965

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, in an effort to cut expenses, I have been thinking about doing away with my XM service and strictly go to my iPod with the shows I've been able to obtain here. That's all I listen to anyways.

I think I've gotten all the Johnny Dollar shows. I am a little bias and feel that Bob Bailey is the only Johnny Dollar I can listen to.

If I haven't said this recently, I want to say "thanks" again to Brad and all the other wonderful folks on this site.
human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing a little over a year ago. I decided I couldn't afford to renew Sirius, so I cancelled it, sold my Sirius hardware on eBay, and picked up a nice mp3 player on eBay with part of the proceeds.

I had a rental car this summer for about a week. It had Sirius and I had fun listening to it, but not enough to make me want to sign up for it all over again. For me, the cost/benefit ratio just doesn't add up.

MikeyG1965 wrote:
To be honest, in an effort to cut expenses, I have been thinking about doing away with my XM service and strictly go to my iPod with the shows I've been able to obtain here. That's all I listen to anyways.
boston blackie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Johnny Dollar Reply with quote

I agree that Bob Bailey is the only true Johnny Dollar. Of course he is the one I first heard playing him.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Johnny Dollar Reply with quote

boston blackie wrote:
I agree that Bob Bailey is the only true Johnny Dollar. Of course he is the one I first heard playing him.

I also agree. The other guys just don't seem like JD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: