Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Inner Sanctum Mysteries -Fog"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tombcreeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: "Inner Sanctum Mysteries -Fog" Reply with quote

Just listened to "Inner Sanctum Mysteries -Fog". Very good mystery / horror! One question, who plays the husband? His voice is so familiar.... Question
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: "Inner Sanctum Mysteries -Fog" Reply with quote

Tombcreeper wrote:
Just listened to "Inner Sanctum Mysteries -Fog". Very good mystery / horror! One question, who plays the husband? His voice is so familiar.... Question

Not sure about that. It is a very good story though. I really enjoyed it too.

Brad
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of the actor is Mason Adams,who did many episodes of Inner Sanctum as well as many other radio shows. He played the title role in the radio soap opera Pepper Young's Family. He also was the voice on many T.V. commercials. For those of you old enough to remember he also played the part of Managing Editor Charlie Hume on the 1970's and 80's T.V. series Lou Grant.

By the way, this episode is Incorrectly titled even though fog is mentioned in the episode. The episode "Fog" which was put on this episode is actually titled "Beyond The Grave" and was broadcast on 12-04-50 instead of the date given from 1941. The episode titled "Fog" from 1941 starred Boris Karloff and is an episode that is considered "Lost" This is another example of an unscrupulous seller putting the wrong title on a show so that people will buy it thinking they are getting an episode that has been previously considered "lost",In order to boost their sales.

Britt
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a problem. Many shows come to me with the wrong names and dates on them. Several club members have been helping me rename them properly with the OTR otter database program. A slow process, but we are making progress.

Thanks for all the info. thumleft

Brad
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Brad! Hope your having a great summer Cool
crich70

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misnamed episodes have been a problem for years as I understand it. Many early collectors didn't know what the orignal name of a given episode was and made guesses about it. I remember reading about a collector who bought episodes of Amos and Andy (I think it was) and though there were 3 different titles on 3 of the files that he had bought it turned out that all 3 were the same episode. I imagine part of the problem is also that the radio stations probably didn't keep their program listings after they were used. Why should they? Who would ever want to find out what episode of what Radio program aired on date X? It would be like one of us saving a used tv guide book today. And so like the episodes themselves sometimes were the listings were probably thrown out in the trash.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crich70 wrote:
Misnamed episodes have been a problem for years as I understand it. Many early collectors didn't know what the orignal name of a given episode was and made guesses about it. I remember reading about a collector who bought episodes of Amos and Andy (I think it was) and though there were 3 different titles on 3 of the files that he had bought it turned out that all 3 were the same episode. I imagine part of the problem is also that the radio stations probably didn't keep their program listings after they were used. Why should they? Who would ever want to find out what episode of what Radio program aired on date X? It would be like one of us saving a used tv guide book today. And so like the episodes themselves sometimes were the listings were probably thrown out in the trash.

Do they still sell the TV guide? Wow, that brings back memories of my childhood. My sister and me thumbing through it looking for good shows to watch. Very Happy

Brad
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,the last time I saw one at the grocery store check out they were enlarged to standard magazine size and cost about 3-4 dollars I think. I remember buying them In the 70's for 25 cents Smile
crich70

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the old pocket sized ones too. They used to be stapled together then they switched to the glued binding and now they are as Britt said standard magazine size but with a lot less to them I think. Course I remember when tv's had a VHF and UHF dial rather than the buttons they have now too along with a knob that both turned the set on/off and raised/lowered the volume. Back then of course the remote control was when Johnnie or Susie changed the channel for mom and dad. lol. I believe Inner Sactum went to tv for a short while as did many old radio programs when tv started to be the in thing. Of course a new tv was quite the prize to win on game shows back then too if you've ever seen any of the old ones like beat the clock or what's my line.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I was the channel changer at my house. We had about six channels back then. Now we have hundreds, and still not many shows worth watching.

Brad
crich70

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Sad but true Brad. I often find myself saying that the OTR programs from 50 or so years ago are better entertainment than what is on tv today, which is kinda sad when you think about it.

Brad wrote:
Laughing I was the channel changer at my house. We had about six channels back then. Now we have hundreds, and still not many shows worth watching.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crich70 wrote:
lol. Sad but true Brad. I often find myself saying that the OTR programs from 50 or so years ago are better entertainment than what is on tv today, which is kinda sad when you think about it.

Brad wrote:

Brad

Too many reality shows. My kids watch the ones that have the obnoxious teens living in the same house. There are several of those.

Brad
human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about so-called reality TV is there's nothing real about it. I'm not sure whether it's a sadder commentary on the networks' and producers' lack of creativity for putting that drivel out there or the audiences' lack of discernment for encouraging them to do so by tuning in and watching it. These days, my TV serves primarily as a monitor for my DVD player.
dialturner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: INNER SANCTUM MYSTERIES Mislabeled Episodes Reply with quote

Re: Beyond the Grave which was mislabeled as "Fog." This 1949 episode is actually an re-written script called "No One on the Wire" that aired on Inner Sanctum only with a female protagonist instead male. I have also heard this script on either the Mysterious Traveler or the Whistler. Mason Adams was also heard on the radio soap opera, Pepper Young's Family. Another classic case of mislabeling for Inner Sanctum is the episode "The Dead Laugh." It has been called "Ghosts Always Have the Last Laugh," because the only existing copy is a AFRS program where the original opening has been edited where the title is given. The spooky host makes the comment that "Ghosts always have the last laugh," and so that is how the episode is labeled. The program starred Mercedes MacCambridge, Berry Kroeger, Lawson Zerbe and Santos Ortega and was aired on Sept. 23, 1946.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Horror All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: