Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to OTR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elisabeth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: New to OTR Reply with quote

Just registered, so I thought I would say hello to everyone. I donít know anyone else who listens to OTR, so I was glad to find this forum.

I discovered OTR late last year by accident. I'm in my early 30s so was not around for radio's "golden age." But Iíve loved classic movies for a long time. I knew that many of the stars in those movies also did radio acting, but never thought to look their performances up on the internet. Then one day last fall I was reading a movie reviewer's blog, and a commenter to the post included a link to archive.orgís OTR section. I clicked on it, was curious enough to load a few shows into my iPod (from Lux Radio Theater and Suspense), and got hooked. Since then Iíve been slowly accumulating a collection. I started out mostly listening to mysteries and dramas, but am getting into the comedies as well. This website looks like a great resource!
crich70

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi elisabeth,
welcome to the group. Smile
missy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Hi Elisabeth & Welcome!

Yes, there is sooo much here to enjoy! I love to find new programs and sometimes just pick some at random to try.

Smile
MSF17

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to meet you elisabeth and welcome to forum and website. These radio shows keep me entertained and help with the balance of life. Enjoy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: