Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm new here, just wanted to share my latest project....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorfboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: I'm new here, just wanted to share my latest project.... Reply with quote

Greetings everyone! I’m new here, and I just wanted to share with you a project that I recently completed. I was happy to find that there is old-time radio forums such as this one where there may be some folks that will take interest in this:

The Lost Highway Chronicles
Episode I
A Sci-Fi Thriller
By John P. McCann

What is it? This is my version of an old-time radio program that I created using the Wavepad Audio Editing Software; it’s on CD and approximately 42 minutes long. There is a bonus, I created an “adventure book” as well. It is about the size of a comic book and has 24 pages containing 12 really cool original drawings. The adventure book is a summarized text of the audio CD.

I’ve always felt I have the talent to entertain an audience by creating a story, and this will be the true test for me. I have wanted to do something on this level since I was a kid, and now I have completed the first chapter.

I worked on this project for over a year and literally have hundreds of hours into it. Putting this together has been a long road, but I enjoyed the challenge and loved every minute of the creation process. The audio was recorded entirely in wav. files, and will rattle your windows if you have a good stereo system!

The story directly relates to the theme of my basement arcade gameroom (The Lost Highway Arcade), and is a creation from my own mind. I love sci-fi and anything having to do with UFO’s, time travel, the thrill of the chase, and beating the odds to survive. This story reflects just that.

“The Lost Highway Chronicles Episode I” is a symphony of sounds that is a real treat for any listener. The adventure book mimics a comic book in size, has awesome artwork, prepares you for the audio CD, and gives you something to look at and hang on to. The website has tons of trivia, easter eggs, and links, as well as artwork and audio samples.

So without further delay, please go to the website and check out the artwork samples, audio samples, and other content. Thank you and enjoy!

http://www.thelosthighwaychronicles.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: